Surrogate mother in Canada
Surrogacy in Canada is legal as far as the arrangement is an altruistic one. Moreover, everyone, be it a same-sex couple, single parent or heterosexual couple can opt for the services of surrogate mother in Canada.
Moreover, there are certain pre-defined requirements that a surrogate mother needs to fulfill in order to be eligible for a surrogacy program in Canada.
Who can become a surrogate mother in Canada?
- Being a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Eligibility is limited to those who have already given birth and reside with their child.
- a minimum age of 21 and a maximum age of 45
- Have a BMI of fewer than 35
- Be in good physical and mental health, free from any ongoing illnesses, and without a history of complications from pregnancy. Candidates for surrogate mother in Canada cannot have a diagnosis of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, or major depressive disorder.
- not have more than five C-sections in the past
- Avoid smoking. Additionally, you must not have ever used illegal drugs or alcohol.
- have access to reliable transportation or a driver’s license
- possess evidence of a stable income
- possess a spotless history without any prior indictable offenses. This stipulation also applies to your spouse or any other adults residing in your home.
- not be taking any drugs that are prohibited during pregnancy. Medication for mental health conditions such as depression or anxiety falls under this category. If you can safely wean off the medication, you might still be eligible in some circumstances.
How to become a surrogate mother in Canada?
Before submitting an application to be a surrogate, it’s critical to comprehend the procedure. That said, to become parents, we will always be there to support you at every step of your journey.
Submitting the required application
Send an application to our team to start the surrogacy process. We advise being thorough and providing as much information as you can, along with six to ten pictures of yourself. (We will display these to prospective adoptive parents!)
We’ll get in touch with you soon to schedule a phone-based pre-qualification interview.
A review of your application and profile will be done during the 30- to 60-minute phone interview with our team. Afterward, you will receive a packet to complete and return to us after the interview. We’ll make your profile viewable to intended parents once we’ve received it.
Your dedicated Surrogacy Coordinator will be assigned once your profile is live and will present your information to potential matches. Besides, your coordinator will set up a call for you all to meet when a family expresses interest in your profile. Then you’ll both have some time to consider whether you two are a good fit.
The screening procedure starts after you’ve been matched with a family. Being the best surrogate mother agency in Canada, we recognize that this is one of the more complicated steps in the process.
You must go through a psychological evaluation with a licensed family therapist and a list of physical tests before you can safely become a surrogate. The physical examination will also include routine tests like blood work.
Drafting the contractual agreement
It’s time to start your legally binding surrogacy agreement once you’ve received your psychological and medical clearances. With the help of their attorneys, the intended parents will first draft a contract. This will entail decisions made jointly, much like a birth plan.
After that, you and your lawyer will work together to make sure it meets your requirements. Besides, the intended parents will cover the costs of this procedure, which typically includes the surrogate mother cost in Canada.
The contracts will be signed, and then you’ll start getting ready for the embryo transfer. In addition to visiting our partner IVF clinic for monitoring and testing, this will further require taking medication. Depending on which clinic your intended parents have selected, this step will have more details
Embryo transfer process
An IVF specialist from our partner IVF clinics will perform the embryo transfer, during which the embryo will be inserted into the uterus of surrogate mother in Canada using a tiny catheter. Usually, the procedure is not too painful. You’ll probably be asked to take some time off after your transfer, usually one to five days.
Moreover, your IVF doctor will have the final say on this. That said, your intended parents might occasionally want to participate in this step. We request that you bring a partner to your embryo transfer for additional support.
For those who traveled from another location for this procedure, your hotel and travel will be taken care of by the coordinator from the surrogate mother agency in Canada
Confirmation of pregnancy
You will have a beta blood test to determine whether you are pregnant after your embryo transfer procedure. Besides, you will have your first ultrasound at our partner IVF clinic 4-5 weeks after the transfer. Once pregnancy is confirmed, you will eventually start seeing an OBG-YN for the rest of the pregnancy.
Delivery of the child
You have now successfully delivered a child, an act that deserves some big appreciation. The medical professional from our partner clinics will help you in prenatal care from here onwards.
Why choose Become Parents?
At become parents, we hold all the expertise and experience to bring the most suitable surrogate match right according to your requirements. So, you need not to worry about anything else while getting along with your surrogacy journey.
Connect with one of our coordinators today for a free consultation!