Surrogacy in Russia: what are your possible options
Russia is frequently considered as a top surrogacy destination for most international couples seeking to achieve their parental goals through surrogacy. While the Russian surrogacy legislation only allows straight couples and single women to seek surrogacy in the nation, these couples or individuals must also show their inability to conceive through a variety of medical credentials.
So, if you are planning to pursue your surrogacy dreams in this country, you can easily proceed with the same while dealing with the best surrogacy agency in Russia. Also, it is highly recommended to do your homework and research in prior.
Russia’s surrogacy legislation
Surrogacy is legal in Russia, according to the requirements of the “Federal Law On Fundamentals of Health Protection of Citizens of the Russian Federation,” which was released in 2012.
As indicated by the Russian legislation, any couple (local or international) is authorised to participate in gestational surrogacy if they meet the following criteria:
• In a gestational surrogacy agreement, only heterosexual couples and single females are allowed to participate.
• Only gestational surrogacy Russia is legal in the nation, and the surrogate mother Russia must conceive using the intended mother’s or an egg donor’s eggs.
• The intended mother or the couple must give a medical reason, as well as all relevant papers and documentation, to support their desire to pursue surrogacy in Russia.
What are the qualifications for becoming a Russian surrogate mother?
A surrogate mother must comply with section 10 of Article 55 of Russian Federation legislation for health protection normative. Besides, she must be:
• Between the ages of 20 and 35, with good mental and physical health
• She must have at least one child of her own.
• Get her husband’s approval to join in the surrogacy programme.
• Must have a healthy lifestyle and routine, with no drinking or smoking addictions.
What is the procedure for egg donation in Russia?
It is permitted to bring an egg donor or an egg donor agency Russia aboard in all circumstances when the expecting mother cannot utilise her own eggs (due to specific infertility concerns). A single woman desiring a child through surrogacy treatment russia, on the other hand, does not have the same option.
Only two egg donor profiles are permitted in Russia, according to Russian surrogacy law:
– Anonymous donor: The identity of the egg donor is kept hidden from the intended parents, with the exception of a few physical characteristics and, in certain circumstances, images of the egg donor.
– Known donors: In this case, both parties are already acquainted with one another, and it usually applies to gestational surrogacy Russia arrangements involving close friends, family members and surrogacy clinic Russia.
It’s worth noting that the majority of Russian surrogacy firms provide anonymous egg donation procedures.
How much does surrogacy cost in Russia?
Taking into account all of the aforementioned factors, the cost of surrogacy in Russia would be between $35,000 and $55,000.
If pregnancy is not obtained after the first IVF attempt, numerous pregnancies, pre-term birth, C-section, and so on, the same cost may vary.
Regardless of the cost and other factors, the couples must pay special attention on choosing the right and most appropriate surrogacy agency.